• Contact Us
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Glossary of Technical Terms

HOME > Company Profile > History

Company Profile

Please contact us with any of your questions

Continue to
contact form

History

September 1953 Matsuzaki Kougaku Seimitsu Glass Co., Ltd. established in Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo with 300,000 yen in capital for the purpose of manufacturing and distributing optical components fabricated with vacuum coatings.
February 1954 Samezu Factory in Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo opens, starts production of vacuum coating products.
August 1958

Company changes its name to Matsuzaki Kougaku Co., Ltd.

February 1959

Tamagawa Factory (currently the R&D Center) in Ota-ku, Tokyo finishes construction, starts production of various metal surface mirrors.

June 1960 Company changes its name to Matsuzaki Shinku Himaku Co., Ltd.
January 1965

Yaguchi Laboratory established in Yaguchi, Ota-ku, Tokyo to develop new products and technologies.

March 1972

Production of transparent conductive films using ITO begins.

March 1975

Kannari Factory (currently Kannari Techno Center) established in Kannari-cho, Kurihara-gun (currently Kurihara-shi), Miyagi Prefecture as a "hometown factory" to improve the quality and expand production of ITO films for liquid crystal displays.

October 1981 Company receives 1st Science and Technology Agency (currently the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) Director's Award for the "Development and promotion of high-performance transparent conductive films using the vacuum deposition method."
May 1986 Tsukidate Jono Factory established in Tsukidate-cho, Kurihara-gun (currently Kurihara-shi), Miyagi Prefecture to improve the quality and expand production of OA equipment.
September 1987 Kannari Factory II (currently Kannari Factory) established in Kannari-cho, Kurihara-gun (currently Kurihara-shi), Miyagi Prefecture to expand production of ITO films for liquid crystal displays.
September 1988 Company changes its name to Matsuzaki Shinku Co., Ltd.
September 1990 Osaka Sales Office established.
Tamagawa Factory in Ota-ku, Tokyo reorganized and renamed the Research and Development Center.Focus on development is strengthened.
April 1992 Company changes its name to GEOMATEC Co., Ltd.
August Ako Factory established in Ako-shi, Hyogo Prefecture to expand production of ITO films for liquid crystal displays and establish a base in Western Japan.
September 1993 Inline sputtering equipment installed in Kannari Factory II (currently Kannari Factory). Production of high-quality ITO films for liquid crystal displays commences.
November 1994 Company is listed on the Japan Securities Dealers Association (currently the Tokyo Stock Exchange and JASDAQ Securities Exchange).
March 1996

Head office transferred to Nishi-ku, Yokohama.

June 2001 GEOMATEC establishes a factory in Atsugi-shi, Kanagawa Prefecture in alliance with the Kogakugiken Corporation for the purpose of increasing mass-production of optical components for optical communication and refining their technology.
July 2002

GEOMATEC (Wuxi) Co., Ltd. is established in Wuxi, China to expand production of optical components for liquid crystal projectors.

December 2007 GEOMATEC (Wuxi) Co., Ltd. builds a second factory to expand production of thin-film products for flat panel displays.
March 2008 GEOMATEC installs roll-type coating equipment in Kannari Factory I (currently Kannari Techno Center) to expand production of film products for displays.

Please contact us with any of your questions

Go to Top

Copyright © GEOMATEC CO., Ltd.